HOW TO APPLY
Go to pdx.edu/graduate-admissions/apply, fill out and submit the graduate application, supporting documents and $65 USD application fee.
- Eligibility is based on the completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the equivalent, along with the minimum GPA requirement and proof of English language proficiency.
- In addition to the University’s minimum requirements, graduate applicants must meet the requirements for the specific program to which they are applying. Please contact the academic department for specific information and to confirm deadlines for your graduate program of interest.
- 2.75 minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA on the United State 4.0 grading scale or 3.0 minimum cumulative graduate GPA in 9 or more letter graded credits.
Applicants who have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.74 or below may be eligible for University Conditional status.
GRADUATE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree in the United States, Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom.
- 80 TOEFL IBT, 18 reading and 18 writing
- 6.5 IELTS – Academic; 6.5 Reading and 6.5 Writing
- 60 PTE – Academic
Note: Tests more than two years old are accepted if the score exceeded the minimum requirement and the applicant has maintained continuous residency in the United States since the exam date.