HOW TO APPLY
1: Go to pdx.edu/undergraduate-admissions, submit the online application and pay the $50 fee.
2: Submit official transcripts to PSU. (Transcripts must be submitted from all schools attended)
3: Submit your SAT or ACT scores to PSU. (Freshman applicants only)
Portland State University accepts applications for each term on a rolling admissions basis. Applications will still be accepted after these dates.
- 3.0 cumulative, unweighted high school GPA comprised of college preparatory coursework
- Completion of SAT or ACT
Students with 30 or more transferable quarter credits (20 semester credits) earned after high school graduation will be reviewed for admission as transfers.
- 2.25 cumulative transfer GPA, from all colleges attended or 2.0 GPA with a transferable associate degree
- Complete Writing 121 or equivalent with a grade of C- or higher
- Meet Second Language Proficiency Requirement (Oregon high school graduates only)
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
|August 1||PSU application opens|
|October 1||Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available to submit|
|February 1||PSU scholarship application deadline
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) application deadline
|May 1||Priority enrollment confirmation deadline
On campus housing contract deadline
INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- 3.0 or higher high school grade point average (GPA) on the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
Students with 30 or more transferable quarter credits (20 semester credits) earned after high school graduation will be reviewed for admission as transfers—excludes English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
- 2.25 or higher grade point average (GPA) on the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
UNDERGRADUATE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT
- Students who want to immediately begin their university coursework must meet PSU’s undergraduate English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Students who want to improve their academic English or who do not meet PSU’s undergraduate English Language Proficiency Requirement may enroll in an English Language Pathway program. Placement is determined at the time of admission.